Saturday, September 30, 2006

New Planning Applications

There are three new planning applications in the offing:

1124 - 1126 Christchurch Road, is, I think, an alteration to an earlier application that was granted for a conversion of one shop and two flats to two shops and seven flats.

77 Durrington Road is an application to build a house in the back garden of the house on the corner of Durrington Road and Warnford Road

Outside Tescos – Castle Lane East – is another attempt to get planning for a mobile phone mast at the front of Tescos.

I’m going to be taking a look at the plans of each of these. My immediate response is that in the case of Christchurch Road I would be concerned that there is enough parking offered on site for the flats.

With Durrington Road there are concerns from the neighbours about this siting of this development already. Again, it’s a matter of parking and access that concerns me, although I’m sorry to say that a development of this kind may be difficult to oppose. If it does go ahead I will do all I can to ensure that it does not impinge upon the nieghbouring properties or cause additional parking or road safety hazards.

My position on the telephone mast outside Tesco remains the same, there are better places for it – the mast compound by the Cooper Dean Roundabout or in Riverside Avenue. If necessary I’ll call this application in to the Planning Board if there are not enough letters of objection.

No comments: