Sunday, October 29, 2006

Warnford Road/Southwick Road Development

Strangely, at the same time as hearing about the telephone mast appeal, I received a call from Dave Wells who owns the land upon which the mast is due to be sited.

Some of you may be aware that he had previously applied for planning permission for a development of flats on this land. He is now considering making an application for a residential development on this piece of property and wanted to obtain my opinion of the local mood.

I told him that I had spoken to only a few people in the locality and therefore I would need to speak to many more before being able to give him a good indication. But what I could tell him was that there was huge opposition to the mast going on the site, and that if it were to be placed there it would make the sale of residential properties there more difficult were he to develop the site.

I also made the point that a development of flats alone would not be acceptable, nor did I think anything over two stories high should be placed on the site and finally there should be sufficient parking on site for the people living in the development, as the surrounding streets are already busy with parked cars.

He has agreed to attend a public meeting if we arrange one in the New Year to listen to the views of local people before making any application. I hope this is a constructive way forward and I’ll be delivering letters to let the residents of Southwick Road and the bottom end of Warnford Road know in the next few days.

No comments: