Thursday, August 10, 2006

Holdenhurst Avenue closed next week

Some advance warning has just reached me that Holdenhurst Avenue will be closing next week. The full text from the Highways Department e-mail is as follows:

"I write to advise you of the temporary road closure of Holdenhurst Avenue.

Please find enclosed a copy of the closure notice for Highway Improvement. The Closure is programmed for the period between 16/08/2006 and 22/08/2006."

I've asked for clarification of the works being undertaken and will let you know more information as soon as I get it.

UPDATE: I've recieved confirmation from the Highways Department that the reason for the closure is the installation of traffic calming by St Peter's school. Therefore the road is going to be closed at the Castle Lane end only, with traffic being diverted around Christchurch Road and Castle Lane via Colemore Road.

Residents in Ovington Avenue, Cheriton Avenue and Holmfield Avenue might well find that there is significant additional traffic as people try to cut through. If this is the case please let me know straight away by calling 07766 141886 and I'll do what I can to get the police and council to limit the disturbance.

No comments: